WARNING: OUR PROP MONEY IS SOLELY DESIGNED FOR TV, FILM, PHOTOGRAPHY, TRAINING AND MEDIA PRODUCTIONS. OUR PROP MONEY WILL NOT PASS AS REAL CURRENCY AND CANNOT BE MODIFIED TO LOOK EXACTLY LIKE REAL CURRENCY. IT IS A CRIMINAL AND FEDERAL OFFENSE TO ATTEMPT TO USE ANY KIND OF MEDIA MONEY PROPS TO MAKE A PURCHASE. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED AND PROSECUTED IF MONEY PROPS ARE USED IN ANY MANNER OTHER THAN MEDIA PRODUCTION, MEDIA MARKETING, PROMOTIONS, TRAINING OR ADVERTISING. THE PUNISHMENT BY LAW FOR THE ILLEGAL USE OF MONEY PROPS CAN BE UP TO 20 YEARS IN A STATE PRISON OR A $100,000 FINE AND WE WILL ASSIST LAW ENFORCEMENT BY PROVIDING ANY INFORMATION THAT IS REQUESTED.
Is motion picture money illegal?
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Production Props and Media Designs LLC has carefully created these money props while focusing on the legal requirements of the production of prop money. The purpose of PPMD’s PROPMOVIEMONEY.COM is to keep filmmakers and photographers from illegally scanning and printing copies of real currency for their productions.
Is Prop Money illegal? Is it illegal to have prop money?
The artwork of our production prop bills include design characters, designed buildings, fictitious serial numbers, and our custom designed emblems and logos. Each prop bill have been clearly marked with motion picture disclaimer “THIS NOTE IS NOT LEGAL TENDER” and “FOR MOTION PICTURE USE ONLY” has been clearly printed on both sides of all the prop money bills.
- These prop bills are NOT made by scanned or xeroxed real currency. They are made by using elements such as borders, custom designed art, custom fonts, custom designed logos, emblems and custom designs from scratch by our team of graphic artist.
- We cannot remove the “FOR MOTION PICTURE USE ONLY” round graphic emblems, and “THIS NOTE IS NOT LEGAL TENDER” text on either side of the prop bills.
- Any request that can make our prop money appear or pass as real currency in order to deceive an individual in an unlawful manner will be quickly turned down.
- We reserve the right to refuse or deny service to anyone.
Is it legal to buy prop money?
List of legal features on our prop money designs include:
- Prop stacks are cut slightly smaller than real currency which is not noticeable on camera.
- New style $100 prop prints does NOT have a working hologram and cannot be created with a working hologram.
- President and character faces are designed to resemble fictitious cartoon comic type characters and are dramatically different than the real presidents and characters.
- The names underneath the characters are stated “FOR MOTION PICTURE“.
- Emblems and seals both on the left and right of the prop bills are our own custom designs and are clearly labeled FOR MOTION PICTURE USE ONLY, UNITED WE STAND or THE UNITED STATES.
- Back ground art on newer style prop bills are designed or made with clip art and is different than the art on real currency.
- The colors and contrast of the prop money have been designed to give the highest quality for HD cameras, film cameras and photography cameras and are not exactly the same if compared side by side to real currency.
- Borders on our prop bills are different than real currency and there is NO text stating “FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE” on either side of the prop money nor can we add it as a request.
- Serial numbers (PM000021413M) are fictitious and reoccurring on all of our prop bills.
- Treasurer and Secretary names are fictitious. Nor does it say “Treasury of the United States” or “Secretary of the United States” on any of the prop money.
- The text “THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” specifically stating “AMERICA” or its states and/or cities is not shown on any of the modern prop bills front or back and has been replaced with FOR MOTION PICTURE USE ONLY, UNITED WE STAND or THE UNITED STATES.
- The years or dates on the prop bills are different than those of real currency.
- Buildings on the back of each prop bill is significantly different than real US currency.
- The paper that each prop bill is printed on is quality printing paper not the fabric similar to real currency and does not have the same texture, feel or security features of real US currency.
- Holograms, holographic numbers and holographic emblems on the prop bills front and back does not reflect or bend with light nor can they be created to reflect or bend with light.
- Absolutely “none” of our prop money will pass a counterfeit detection pen or counterfeit detection machine.
Illustration demonstrating how our prop money designs are created and digitally assembled using our logos, text, images, and made to look different than real USA currency
All of PROPMOVIEMONEYTM money props are registered and legally copyrighted with the library of congress. Any illegal reproductions will be immediately reported.